Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring and love blooms

First kisses. I was a late bloomer not so much physically but in the relationship department - late bloomer indeed. My first kiss was at 18 years old, my freshman year of college. He was an ass but my heart just pounded for him. That night feels like yesterday.

I don't think my daughter will be waiting til 18. Last week, I had the day off because my daycare provider had the day off. It was rainy outside so I decided to take The Girl to a new play area in a local mall. I could barely get her coat and shoes off before she dashed off to climb and play.

At one point, she was sitting on a giant tricycle and a little boy climbed on the handles. They came face to face and The Girl puckers her lips! I didn't know if I should scream Nooooo! or take a picture! Before I could react at all they both turned their faces and I am happy to report that The Girl still has yet to kiss a boy.

The Husband is under duress and didn't expect to need his gun collection quite yet. He was happy to hear that the little boy had a mohawk however.

Today, since I got out of work early and it was a picture perfect day, I took The Girl to the park. She teeter tootered with a little boy. Yup, it's true.

So watch out Little Boys of the world, The Girl is out and she is a flirt!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

OMG that is so adorable and made me smile!

I'm with The Husband, I love little boys with mohawks!

Nancy said...

Awww!! Too cute!!

Unknown said...

Aaahhh, adorable!

Anonymous said...

Awww....

And James is in for a load of trouble!!