I never used to swear. I grew up in a household where it just wasn't done. I remember being in junior high - a place where I struggled to fit in. For some reason I was at someone's house and I'm sure I was thrilled about it. I don't know why or how I was invited but that really has nothing to do with the story. It was a day I learned some things - some nicknames that had been bestowed upon me. Not very nice. Anyway, I was coaxed into swearing (oh my!) because I was seen as the girl who didn't swear.
That wasn't my turning point. Even in high school I just didn't use "bad" language. College it increased but overall still, I'm clean. Even adulthood, I'm still a good girl - in public. At home, I have a dirty freaking mouth.
Now The Husband, he's a regular dirty talking motorcycle esque sailorman type guy. Dirty mouth galour I tell you! I have been telling him for 2 years now to start watching his language b/c she was bound to pick it up one of theses days. Afterall, having The Girl, mind you having a 2 year old mimicking girl, you have to start making sure you curb your swearing. You would totally have predicted that it would surely be The Husband teaching The Girl The Bad words.
I just can't seem to stop saying the S word though when something happens! And guess what The Girl's favorite word is now? "Sheeeet" It's so damn cute, I'm sorry, so darn cute when she says it though. Of course, we are in a panic - uhm, she's talking about her bed sheet. She's saying Sheep bahhhh. *sigh* And she says it all.the.time. She doesn't say any other word all the time but this one, yup, she's swearing up a storm - just like dear ol mom.
Here's the fun part. We have a book we've been reading called "Shapes". Well, to The Girl, Shape = Shit. So now she says Shit perfectly (not sheeet). But in her head, Shit=Shape. I keep trying to emphasize the "pah" sound but all I can get her to say is shit pah.
All the way to daycare yesterday, shit, shit, shit. Perfect.
5 comments:
ROTFLMAO
Maybe you can convince her to evolve shit pah to chutzpah? :)
It may work - she does say Opah!
LOL!! That's kind of hilarious!! Shit pah!
in the comments : I thought I had read that she says "Oprah" hehe
LMFAO!!! I always blamed any bad words learned on my brother-in-laws. :)
Post a Comment