Can I please tell you how sick I am of the job search? Its one thing having the ups and downs of interviews, waiting, and rejection but this tedious process of actually applying and sending in resumes and customizing cover letters - OMG I'M SO OVER IT! *hitting head on desk*
It's bad enough that the majority of the time you have to fill out an additional online resume in addition to attaching your resume with the exact same freaking thing on it but now I'm having Cover Letter Writer's Block. I've got like 25 CL's on my computer all saved from various tries but you really do need to customize that very important first impression and I'm now officially fried. There's a very interesting job posting but I can't bring myself to create yet ANOTHER cover letter that will catch someone's eye. It's a job I'd be good at too. *sigh* I just got done sending in a different CL and resume only because it was similar enough to another job that I really could just re-use an old one and change the company's name. That doesn't happen often.
This is such a freaking tedious process. I truly am thankful for being in the position of actually having a job while job hunting. I feel very blessed but I've been at this for well over a year now and I AM FRIED.
No comments:
Post a Comment