Monday, February 16, 2009

Love, Kisses, and Chocolate

The weekend of wearing red and dodging chocolate hearts as your walked down the aisle at Walgreens. The Husband tells me "Your birthday and Valentine's Day are too close together. Pick one." Hmpf. He's no fun.

Historically, we're not too big on Valentine's Day but this year, we were invited out to dinner by a some friends of ours and it was an offer too good to pass up.

You know what dinner out with friends mean? It means The Girl visits The Grandparents for the night. Turns out, it seemed like its just what the stressed out Blogger and her Hubby needed. I dropped her off at my parent's house as The Husband cleaned the house. Yup, he cleaned (I would have taken that as a gift but he got me something else to...keep reading : ) I got back in time for the finishing touches to the house and myself. I put on makeup, even curled my hair. I felt good! I also made some bruschetta since our reservations weren't til late. 8:15! Yup, that's totally late for us now! I'm thinking, Man, The Girl is about going to sleep by then! Anyway, our Newlywed Couple came over, we opened a great bottle of red wine and enjoyed laughs and some drinking and food before heading to the restaurant.

Conversation flowed nicely. It ranged from kids (they are anxious to have a big family), to house buying to opening an xray store (don't ask). It was great! I had a frozen bellini - one of my favorite drinks ever. Mmmm. Finally, the Husband and I were able to relax after weeks of stress and stress and more stress.

Since our dinner was so late, we got dropped off at home and The Husband and I bummed in our PJs and watched another episode of Dexter. I tried beating it out of him what happens with a particular character but he won't budge. *sigh*

As predicted, I did awake at 7am. But the nice thing? I got to go BACK TO SLEEP! I think I got up at 8 or 9 - forgot which but it was on my terms. I finally got caught up on Top Chef and The Husband made me pancakes!! We finally made our way to my parents. We stopped at Walgreens first. I will know our marriage is in trouble when the day comes when a trip to Walgreens/CVS type store isn't a fun trip. For some reason, when we get the chance to go in together (and one of us isn't waiting in the car with The Girl), we always have fun. Its weird. This time since Valentine's stuff was half off, I bought the Husband some chocolate since I didn't buy him anything and we got The GIrl a helium balloons since she loves them.

Crap - The Husbands gift! How could I forget? He got me a fish. A chocolate fish. Large mouth bass to be exact. The cashier even gave him a hard time about it. He told me I'm the only person who would understand it. He's right.

Picking up The Girl was wonderful, of course. My parents are so good with her and she loves them so. I love hearing about how she and my dad sit and have milk and cookies shortly before bed. That just tickles me to no end.

On the way home, I made an unplanned detour to hang out with my sister. She's leaving for bootcamp in March (that is another post *sigh*) and she called bored so The Husband dropped me off on our way home. Man, did The Girl wail when I left the car. Husband unrolled the window to give me the full impact - gotta love him.

So we saw Slumdog Millionaire - great movie. But the point is that The Husband was in charge of getting The Girl in the house with everthing we had in the car. Apparently she was crabbing and Husband went to the other room to put stuff in the fridge. She got quiet. He got worried.

He came into the room and there she is ...she had opened the box of chocolate I bought the husband...had one chocolate in her mouth and was holding the box out with the other hand.

Stinker.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll tell you what happens in Dexter if you really want to know! But it's much better to just watch for yourself. LOL.

Your Valentine's Day sounded absolutely perfect :)

Nancy said...

It sounds like a lovely v-day!!