I sit in a hospital waiting room (nothing bad, part of the job) as my parents sit on a plane to LA to spend the night until tomorrow when they board a cruise ship for a 2week cruise to Hawaii. I will repeat that to make you guys as jealous as me - a 2 week cruise to Hawaii.
As payback to my parents catsitting our furballs everytime The Husband and I leave town, we are now repaying the favor. I do call it payback because anyone who will take in our Big Fat Cat who tends to poop everywhere but the liter box I realize does get to enact revenge.
So my parents brought over Fluffy Cat and Black Cat on Sunday. Fluffy Cat has been to our house before and was pretty comfortable from the get go. She is semi comfortable with The Dog and immediately went upstairs to show her dominance to Big Fat Cat and our other cat, Scaredy Cat.
Black Cat who at my parent's house is a little hellian was so completely freaked that he immediately slunk himself low enough to go under our couch. We figured once things settled down, he would come out.
(At our house, to give The Cats a safen haven from The Dog, we have all their supplies upstairs. The Dog is not allowed upstairs. )
The night, still no Black Cat. The next morning, we lifted the couch and didn't find him. I figured he made his way upstairs during the night. If he had just switched to hiding under the chair, surely he would run upstairs to Cat Haven in the calm of the day.
After work, I search for Black Cat. But there are many places to hide. I wasn't
too concerned. Yet.
I had settled in, The Girl was in bed, The Husband was working on phones. I had rustling under the couch. He was still under there! Not good! So I went to the end of the couch and look under. Yellow eyes, stared back at me. I was able to take him out and put him on my lap and soon realized that he was peeing on me. Crap!
I held him over the floor - at least it wasn't the carpet or the couch...or ME! And he just kept peeing! It was obvious he had held his pee for over 24 hours at this point. And then poop started falling out! OMG, I've had cats all my life. Seriously the only time I didn't have a cat was living in the dorms. I've never held a cat in the air as he'd poop.
I try to bring him upstairs but he freaks (he's tiny, slippery and sharp) and I drop him. Under the couch. I get him out again. Make it up the stairs again but then all 4 of the cats start going freaking psycho! Black Cat cuts me up pretty badly, he gets out of my arms and Big Fat Cat chases him down the stairs and under the couch.
I'm bleeding (my poor pinky). I get Black Cat AGAIN but worked a bit more wisely with THe Husband this time. Put Black Cat in a blanket and then in the cat carrier. Brought him up to the bathroom and provided him water and food and liter. Its his little room now.
As of this morning, he's still scared.
Payback certainly is a bitch.
1 comment:
O-M-G!!! That must have sucked for you... but what a freaking hilariously gross story! haha
Post a Comment