I went out on Saturday night. Yup, that's right. The witching hour of 8:15pm came around and I met up with another Mom friend of mine for a drink. We met at a local chain restaurant and we sat in the bar area. We chatted and since my days of Long Island Ice Teas are over and I never have liked beer, I decided to enjoy a nice fruity Strawberry Daiquiri. My friend ordered the same and soon, two long skinny glasses of a red, icy concoction was brought to us.
My friend took a drink with the waiter still there and a look of complete disgust washed over her face. It took a couple of seconds to compose herself when she finally said "Tomato!" I took a small sip of mine and a rush of chopped ice, liquor and then a distinct, eye crossing taste of tomato juice. "Oh yea, tomato!"
He rushed the drinks back to the bar and I saw the bartender hold up a red plastic bottle - it was clear that it was not clearly labeled at all. We had a very long laugh about it. But let me tell you how horribly disgusting that tasted. Even the small little sip that I had left just a horrendous after taste. I love tomatoes but I hate tomato juice/soup so this was just not a good, unique drink.
My friend and I enjoyed some Mommy talk. She has a son about a month younger then The Girl. It's always interesting to compare notes! He's a great talker - much more advanced then The Girl (but I'm okay with that!). He also never has a tantrum (not so okay with that!). We also had some non-Mommy talk which was nice too. Our husbands are very similar politically so it was nice having a talk without our intelligent and overly passionate counterparts dominating the conversation.
At the end of the evening, after we both enjoyed a mini dessert (mini crème bruelee for me) we were both rather pissed that we were comp'ed anything off the bill. Come on, it was a freaking tomato daiquiri - I deserved a free dessert or something.
3 comments:
LOL ew!!
Hey how do you get your side thingies to list how long since you've read that persons blog? Very cool!!
Its actually how long since the person last updated their blog. Its under my settings and its just a little box that I can mark off if I want it displayed.
It doesn't always work but its handy!
Remember that story about how a toddler was served a Perfect Margarita as apple juice? It was in CA about a year ago. Happened in the same way - some douche didn't label the pourspout!
Post a Comment