You are an optimist if you see the glass as half full. You are a pessimist if you see it as half empty. What am I when I only see it as a half glass of water?
I just finished reading Micahel J. Fox's Always Looking Up. I've always really liked the guy, afterall, I've grown up watching him. Family Ties, Back to the Future, Teen Wolf, The Secret to My Success, Spin City - I truly grew up as he matured as an actor. There's just something about the guy - a genuine kindness and trust that is reflected off of him from my tv and movie screen. He, himself, talks about it, in wonderment in the book, that for some people that not only do people like him....but they trust him.
I admire and respect Mr. Fox even more after reading his book. He has a big battle everyday with his Parkinsons and he fights it with great vigor and a wonderful, positive attitude. He is full of something he calls optimism.
I wonder about my own attitude towards life. There is so much information out there that says a positive attitude towards life makes one healthier and happier. Makes sense to me! Afterall, being negative and always expecting the worse can not be very good for one's self esteem.
My question is, what's the middle between Optimism and pessimism? Realism? Okay, I can bite that. I asked The Husband: Just what is realism - would you describe it as the middle of the raod between optimism and pessimism?
He replied Realism to me is looking at a situation realisticly. too mush pessimism, and people won't try, too much optimism and people are always dissapointed
When I asked if I were indeed a Realist he said yes but leaning towards the optimistic side. I'll add in...except when it comes to my healt. Ohhh boy, lol.
I'm trying to figure myself out lately. Figure out what I'm all about besides what can be seen on the surface. I'm looking for my sign of who I am - to really discover myself.
So I think this is just getting some thoughts and words out there. Thanks for following along.
No comments:
Post a Comment