Finally something I can get excited and motivated about. I've been in such a rut lately - not being excited about anything other then my family in recent years. I mean I put so much effort into trying to conceive, then being pregnant and then adjusting to motherhood and then add being completely unsatisfied at work - I just haven't been really excited about anyting else in my life.
As silly as it may sound, this blog has got me excited! I was a writing major in college and as soon as I graduated, I left my creative writing on the sideline. This really has brought me back.
After writing my last blog, I really thought about re-working it and improving it. I thought that my struggle may be one that other women go through. And I thought - hey maybe a parenting magazine might be interested in it?
So I'm going for it. I'm going to try freelance writing. I'm currently working on the article and plan to do a bunch of research and then send it on in. I am so excited in a way I haven't felt in a long, long time. I know that the chances aren't great to actually being published - but to see my name printed in a magazine, it would be such a huge accomplishment. Even if that doesn't happen - at least I'm excited to write again!
So keep your fingers crossed for me! If you have any suggestions, tips, advice - please let me know!
3 comments:
Fingers crossed!
I have it on my list of goals to have my name published in a magazine with my photo running beside it.
So far, I've come close (I had my name printed in the credits section, under "additional photography by..." ... but they didn't run the article about the event I had taken pictures of, so my photos weren't actually published) ... but I can't wait for the day when I actually see them together :)
Best wishes to you...hope to see your name in print! I love to see that you're writing again and can't wait to read what comes next.
YAY!! Good luck!
Post a Comment