Thursday, May 15, 2008

This, That, and Mother's Day

Wow - it has been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to write here. I've been wanting to and keep thinking of things to write. I gotta start making a list because I will forget. Work has been unbelievable lately and not in a good way. After wok has been obviously spending time with The Girl but add on doing house work, work from the office, and our battle with our homeowners association (people do what you can do avoid living in an association).

I had every intention to write a nice post on Mother's Day. Maybe something dedicated to my own Mom or about how good/bad The Husband did in celebrating my day. It would have been a lovely post.

I had an okay Mother's Day - I was just preoccupied not knowing what was going on with my lil toddler. Is she teething? Ear infection? Terrible 2s? Something horrible that I try not to even allow myself to think about? Lately The Girl has been a nice mixture of being lethargic and crabby. She just hasn't been herself. I actually had a nice dose of EXTREME MOMMY GUILT when I thought I caused her ill by having her room to cold one night. She was a little ice cube in the morning and was completely lethargic. OMG, I've never felt so much guilt in my life. Anyway, it took talking to The Husband, my manager (a mother of 2), my Mother-in-law (a medic) and finally My Mom before I realized her being not herself was not my fault. A Mom always needs her own mom.

Anyway, I spent Mother's Day worried. I'm a natural born worrier but amplify that by a million now that The Girl is here. I actually try not to let it overwhelm me b/c I know that can just completely take you over. But when my little girl was just laying there not wanting to walk around and play all day - I just couldn't be happy.

Finally at like 7pm and over at the Great Grandma-in-law's - she suddenly perked up and started dancing. Ahh my girl was back.

As for the good stuff - I got two cards - one from Girl (it made me cry) and one from The Husband (it made me laugh). I slept in til 9:40am (HOLY MOLY) but I did wake up in a panic b/c I never not wake up to her - even if I go back to sleep. And I got a homemade breakfast. Yum.

Oh and I guess I shouldn't leave you hanging - I brought The Girl to the doc on Monday and he's confident that its just her teeth making her miserable. Poor love.

No comments: