Lucky Husband got woken up by The Girl throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't let her feed her snails (its a night time thing). Wow, is it bad that I don't remember if I've writtent that yes, The Girl is a proud owner of fishies and snails.
Luckily, the rest of the day went much more smooth. A lovely brunch was followed by a day out by my parent's and a pit stop to The Girl's StepGrandFather aka Gim-pa. We got him a giant cookie. He loves cookies. I'm sad to say that I do believe this is the first year we acknowledged him on Father's Day. It was never anything against him but since he and the Husband's got married 2 months before me and The Husband, he's not really a traditional stepfather figure so I guess that's why it didn't occur to me to celebrate him as a grandfather even though we celebrate my Dad as a grandfather. Well this year he has proven himself very much the grandpa and I wanted to make sure we acknowledged that. I think he really appreciated it.
And of course, I sing The Husband praises today. A wondeful father indeed. A lot has happened in my extended family these past few months and besides all the saddness and pain, it does make me appreciate and love The Husband just that much more. He knows how to be a loving and caring father...and not every man who lends his sperm to an egg can say the same.
Good luck on everyone's Monday!
1 comment:
Happy Father's day to The Husband!
Post a Comment