The little gremlin, I mean The Girl, is growing up. She's such a little person now. It tugs on my heart strings so. Things are happening so quickly and my stop time device just isn't up to code yet.
The Girl who will be 2.5 years old at the end of the month is still sleeping in a crib. Although she normally is a little monkey in her desire to climb, for some reason she hasn't climbed out of her crib. We're quite lucky - I know many o' child who was propelling themselves out by this age. I haven't been in a big rush to transition The Girl to a bed since the status quo has been so well, workable.
My parents watched The Girl overnight a couple of weeks ago. Normally The Girl crashes in a Pack n Play but sadly, the time has come to retire that wonderful tool of parenting. So she spent the night in the pull out bed. Turns out, she was just fine in it.
So I'm preparing myself for the big move. We are forgoing the toddler bed and moving directly to a twin. My parents still have my old headboard so we just need to buy a mattress. Much to my shock, The Husband agreed when I said How about painting her room lilac? Wowzer! So we may do that depending on the bedding set that I find for her.
Her nursery has yellow walls and pink & green cherry blossom bedding. I actually found twin bedding of the same design but I think she, ok I'm, ready for a change.
Besides the complete mind freak of having a child in a BED not a crib, she is also the owner of a new pet. We left the pet store with what we thought were 3 small fish and 1 snail. We came home to discover 1 small tiny baby fish. The next day I discovered 3 more baby fish. Then 1 adult fish died. Then another adult fish died. Somehow all 4 baby fishies are still alive, 1 adult and the snail. She hearts them! In The Girls voice: Fishie, Baby Fishie, Nail
1 comment:
When you find that stop time device, I need to borrow it! You and James are so lucky to have such a sweet little girl! I can't believe she's 2 1/2 either!
Post a Comment