Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday O Father of my child! O Mate of my soul. O Love of my life.

You're still older then me, right? - that's all that matters.

Even though you claim that you would be fine with no recognition, you know by now that birthdays are a big deal to me. It's your special day to say "HEY! I WAS BORN! LET'S CELEBRATE ME!" So it's your day to do that.

Unfortunately, our plans for tonight are not mighty ones. He will not be getting one of the many gifts I have been thinking about (why is it the year that we can't spend is the year I have a bunch of great bday gift ideas?) but his wife and child will celebrate him with big hearts and an off tune version of Happy Birthday. I may even have a surprise that I won't mention just in case The Husband is reading this at work right now. Hi there Husband. Get back to work.

Ohhh, and I know this is a bit late in the game for our genius daughter (thank you Julia) but she's kinda into just saying "dadada" or "mamama" she finally said "Daddy" - so freaking cute. Still working on "Mommy".

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! :)