It's 8:41am and I'm sitting at home with The Girl on a Friday morning. That's right folks - no work! Happy 4 day long weekend. Sorry Husband reading this at work - at least you have Monday off, right?
My mission today is simple. Actually, its not, my mission is staring at me as I type, with french toast in her mouth and paci in her hand. Make my day Mommy, make my day. Ohh, she pops a peach in her mouth.
Anyway, my mission is to wear this girl out today so that she'll be sleeping soundly in my arms come tonight. I say in my arms because we are venturing out to a neighborhood festival to hear a Beatles cover band that I've wanted to see for a couple of years now. They don't go on until later tonight and I really, really don't want to be running around the festival grounds with Help! playing in the background. I want to be sitting with The Husband next to me and eith The Girl in my arms or passed out in the stroller enjoying In My Life as the two of us reminice about our first dance.
So what to do? I'm thinking about going to a Children's Museum this morning. Let her run around there for awhile. Get home, nap. Then maybe scoot off to the park. Run, run, run. I think that may do it. The only downside to this plan is poor Mommy getting beat down. I hate figuring out logistics though. Its almost 9. She's eating, in her PJs. Museum is like 40 min from here. Get there realistically 10:30 - let her play for 2 hours but then its lunch time. I don't have a lunch here to pack so that's spending more money which if you haven't noticed in previous posts, we're trying to avoid. THe museum is already $7.50 for each of us. Bah.
I don't know. Wish me luck today. I'm looking forward to it though - should be a beautiful day - heck a beautiful weekend in fact. I hope you all have a wonderful day too. If you're working - stop - just relax and surf the net some more.
3 comments:
Good Luck, good weekend! :)
How did it go?!
I hope your plan works and have a great time at the concert!
Post a Comment