I'm still tired from this weekend.
Saturday started off with working. Working on the weekend stinks. After that it was straight off to help set up for my friend's bachelorette party. Yes - it was Girls Night Out and for The Husband - Boys Night. While I was working and setting up, Husband was taking The Girl over to my sister's house so she could spend the night at her cousin's. I was sad b/c I only got to see her for a couple of hours that morning and it really made no logistical sense for me to run home after work/before party to take her myself to my sisters.
One of the cool parts of going into the city for the party this weekend was the annual Air Show. I had forgotten what it was like living in the city and hearing all the plans swoosh by you. You don't have to fight the crowds down at the beach for the show, I just drove around and then sat on my friend's porch and saw the coolest planes ever.
The B-Party was fun. Started off in the backyard with drinks and food. Then about 18 of us got in a trolley and drove around the north side and stopped at a couple of bars on our merry way. For some reason, I drank....alot and alot of hard stuff which I'm not used to. Didn't feel a thing. No light headness, no tipsy...nothing. Kinda sucked. Anyway, we waved and shouted to people, okay men on the street. Most shouted back : ) "Show us your underwear" or "Show us your penis" - yea, that was one of the drunker gals. We ended up at this transvestite show which was quite interesting. My God, two of the guys - wow, I wish I looked like that! They did lip synch routines and danced. The ended the night and I crashed with the bride at her place and as soon-to-be groom crashed hard at his brother's after a short yet effective bachelor party.
I got home late Sunday morning anxious and ready to pick up The Girl. The Husband who had gotten home at 1am and went fishing at 6am and didn't get much sleep in between wasn't in so much of a hurry. So not wanting to be too nagging, I read a magazine. Then said "We're going".
We get there and find out - 1. She slept til 10am! Yea, never has she let Ma and Pa sleep in like that on a Sunday. 2. She didn't poop (but once she got home, she gave me 2 wondefully stinky diapers. 3. No temper, no yelling
Is my daughter the best house guest or what? Either that or she really dislikes Husband and I. My sister kept saying that she is the easiest kid ever to babysit.
Wanna hear the world's cutest story? My 7 year old nephew/Godson is just the most gentle soul of a little boy. I love him to pieces. I've made him the Girl's unofficial big brother. Anyway, he loves The Girl. My sister put The Girl to sleep in her pack n play up in Nephew's room. Nephew got up around midnight and woke up my sister saying, "The Girl is too cute - I can't sleep because of it". Love that boy.
3 comments:
OMG that's so cute!! LOL How precious!
Well, she is THAT cute, I can attest firsthand. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off her either with all that cuteness! What a sweetheart that boy is!
That is the cutest story! And yes, I agree, she is THAT cute!
Post a Comment