Last year, I had my heart set on a particular Monkey costume. A monkey because our lovely lady is a little monkey at heart - climbing with no fear to be had. But take a look at some costume sites if you don't already have a child and you'll see how much some costumes are so I waited and waited and eventually we went to Walmart (the horrors!) and got her a spider costume. She was our itsy bitsy spidey.
A few days ago, I said to The Husband, "Husband, we have to start thinking about Halloween costumes for The Girl". I very much expected mocking and ridicule from but instead I got "I know, I was just thinking about that." That just tickled me to no end. He was now thinking about Halloween in August too. Awww.
So I'm thinking, thinking, thinking. I love the idea of a fairy - cute little tutu, wings - but that will be cuter when she's a bit older. Maybe a butterfly? Husband mentions doing a monkey again, I'm all Ehhh about it. But then he says, "She can carry Monkey with her." MONKEY! You see, The Girl's one and only "lovie" is indeed a stuffed monkey that my sister bought her for Christmas. It was the first and still one of the few things she's really attached herself to. And boy, he has been through alot - including being dropped in a hospital parking lot (by good ol mom) and left for HOURS.
Here is Monkey:

Anyway, I do think it would be adorable for The Girl to be a monkey and hold Monkey. I also think she'd be a mighty cute kitty. I'll be sure to keep you updated : )
3 comments:
Totally a cute idea! I'm sure she'd LOVE to be a monkey! I don't think that would be too difficult of a costume either. I guess depending on how fancy you want to get with it. I admit I did have to do a double-take when I saw your post title and saw you were talking about Halloween in August. LOL
She would look so cute as a monkey! Be sure to send me pics!
Aww poor monkey that was ran over! haha I think the monkey costume would be adorable! Did you check ebay ?
Post a Comment