This whole growing up thing and developing into an actual little person is quite the amazing experience. It's like nothing you can quite articulate when you go from a completely dependent, tiny (or not so tiny) bundle of poo and spit up to this miniature person who is starting to communicate like you and me, who is starting to not want to be so dependent, who is starting to be The Girl.
All, rather most parents know the importance of a good night time routine. It helps with sleeping and if anyone knows me, having a child that sleeps through the night is very important. God is good and graced me with a dear girl who likes sleep (at least at night) as much as I do. Anyway, from a pretty early age, we feel into a bedtime routine. Its altered slightly as she's grown but its pretty much bath, lotions, pjs, book, bed.
Normally, after book, I would carry her into her crib. A few months ago my back so Woman please, I'm not getting up from this chair with that child. So I put her down first and you know what she did? She went straight to her crib (vs running away from it). Huh.
Now, every night, as soon as I close the book she jumps off my lap. Grabs her monkey, her water cup (a sippie), her blankie (a crocheted one that my mom made, the one The Girl came home from the hospital in) and puts each one in the crib, one at a time, ensuring that they are all in properly - nothing hanging over the side. Sometimes she'll even through her paci in there. She then looks at me and then sometimes tries to climb in herself. I pick her up, give her loves, and put her inside. She curls up with her lovies and I say my good nights to her. Man, I love this little girl.
2 comments:
Sarah, that's just beautiful! :)
Aww! I loved reading this! :)
Post a Comment