Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Your eyes are getting sleepy

Well, mine are at least. I swear, I'm such a wimp. If I lose out on a decent amount of sleep for a few days, I'm out of it for a good week. It's already Tuesday and I was walking around like a zombie at work. All because of the busy wedding weekend.

Busy is an understatement. It was a lovely wedding, a bit stressful overall, and I really learned that most times I truly find myself preferring to be at home with The Girl.

On Thursday, The Girl was looking dazzling in a cute colorful dress. I was looking like, me. We had managed our way to the city via side streets rather then facing expressway traffic hell. Listening to the Cubs game, talking to The Husband on the phone, I took a peek back at The Girl only to watch her begin to puke all over herself. All.over.herself.

Long story short (too late) thankfully I had wipes and an extra set of clothes. She seemed fine, no fever or anything. We decided to take the closer option of the Church rather then home. Told everyone there "We stink like puke" as a warning as they came in for hugs.

I've said it before but not knowing what is wrong with your child is one of the worst, most helpless feelings you will ever experience in your life. I worry as it is when The Girl is healthy,so when something is wrong I can practically feel the ulcer forming.

On Friday, The Grandparents picked up The Girl for the weekend. I thought everything was okay even though I noticed a bit of diaper rash. When I called to check in later that day, she had a rash all down her bum and leg. :sigh: Having something wrong and not being there - TREMENDOUS GUILT and sadness. But the good news was she was active, eating and no fever.

Saturday was the big day. I won't get into the details but I'm very happy that with the way everyone was complaining about their feet, I was the only wise one for choosing flats. Of course these were the shoes I wore on my wedding day. Yea, I'm all about comfort :

The limo driver was an idiot. The bride got ill with motion sickness in the large limo. The Husband and I didn't have the time of our lives together. By the end of the night though, I was on the dance floor having a pretty good time.

Before being able to just be, I wanted to enjoy myself, I wanted let loose and have fun but my mind was constantly on The Girl. I wasn't sure if it was just her being possibly ill or if my life is even further away from what it once was then I ever realized. I wanted to leave the party and go pick up The Girl and just be home with her.

I know time away is good for me and her. I advocate for it, heck I even post about it but I can't help how I feel. I'm hoping it was more the feeling of helplessness being away from her while potentially sick rather then not being able to have a good time anymore. Honestly, I think there's nothing more then I'd like then a great date night with The Husband (hint hint). Maybe one year when we can actually afford to go out after spending all this money on both of us being in this wedding.

On Sunday afternoon, we happily picked up The Girl. Love that little lady. And on Monday, I thought the rash had spred to her face so I called the doc. Once we made it in, discovered it was just a couple of bug bites on her face (d'oh) and the rash was just a virus - nothing we can do for it, not contagious. So yet another doc appt that was more for The Parent's peace of mind then anything else.

Ok I can barely keep my eyes open now even though its not even 10pm. Gonna go now. *yawn*

1 comment:

Anna said...

Funny how life changes with these little ones, huh? Glad to hear that she's ok and that you guys had a good time at the wedding!