I've wanted to write so many times but just haven't had the time or the energy to do so recently. So I'm using my lunch time at work to sneak in a little writing. Things have been good but obviously busy. I'm hoping to make a few posts the next few days but we'll see. So here's just one post that I've wanted to write.
Well, I guess she isn't allergic
Peanuts. No one wants a peanut allergy now do we? I don't remember anyone having one growing up but it does seem like they are much more prevelent these days. Although there is no peanut allergy history in either my or The Husband's side of the family, we decided to hold off on introducing this food to The Girl as recommended until she's a bit older (I forget, is it 2 or 3?). There is a theory that perhaps people are introducing peanuts at an early age and this is actually leading to some allergies developing....thus the rise in people with peanut allergies.
The other day - ok fine, it was Labor Day - the Blogger Family took a trip to the local outdoors store to check out the big ol fish tank so The Girl could say "Fishie" and make us laugh. She enjoys watching fish and this in return pleases us. We took a walk around the store and walked into a little Country Store within the store. It was cute and there was a woman there making fudge. Mmmm, fudge. The world's nicest lady offered us a taste of fudge. Well, in the world passes that up?
The Husband picked it out. I gave the piece to The Girl. We be bad parents. That's right, peanut butter fudge. CRAP! Thankfully, she did just fine and there was no need for 9-1-1. I have a feeling that we would be just fine going forward giving her peanut butter and such but as the ultra cautious Mom & Dad, we're probably still gonna hold off on it.
The world's nicest lady gave us more fudge (key lime not so great as fudge) and we ended up buying 2 pieces from her (there is such a think as good customer service these days). 2 pieces of chocolate and peanut butter fudge (none for The Girl) lasted The Husband and I a good 5-6 days. Yum.
3 comments:
This happened with my niece but with oranges. Her dad used to fresh squeeze her orange juice for her when she was a baby/toddler. She 16 now, and they just figured out about 6 months ago, she has developed an allergy to them. Not deadly, but pretty bad.
The doctor blames the daily fresh squeezed orange juice from when she was about 18 months or so...
Really? That is so interesting! I haven't heard that about OJ. Happy The Girl doesn't like juice, I guess!
Why aren't we allergic to cereals and other very early foods? Oh wait, a LOT of us have gluten intolerances that we don't knwo about... hmm.. interesting!
Post a Comment