Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Apple of my eye

Note: Uncle Marine has been renamed Uncle Cookie. The Girl renamed him that.

Some back story. The Girl loves apples. I'm not sure if she just loves saying the word or truly does love the taste of apples. Its one of the words she says really well and its something that she actually asks for her. (Which makes me wonder if I'm not doing a good mommy job by not making her ask for more but I'm trying. She just isn't into talking). Anyway - the girl loves her apples and she says its so cutely -apPLE.

Last night, instead doing the billion things on my "to do" list, Husband and I visited the out-of-towners at my mother-in-law's house and watch The Bears game. I'm a Bears fan and all but no way in hell would I be out there in below 0 weather rooting them on. They better be happy they won (go Robbie!) or else they would have some very frozen, very angry fans on their hands.

Anywho. The out-of-towners (Uncle Cookie) have 3 boys - one is like 7 months older then The Girl. Its fun to watch them play together. At one point in the evening - after dinner during the game, the adults were in the living room, watching the game and my little devil had gone off. I got up thinking she was stealing magnets off the fridge.

I walk into the room and in the kitchen see the fridge door open with Boy Cousin taking things out and The Girl right behind him (coaxing him on)!! It was one of the cutest things I'd ever seen. The two little sneaks were had gotten the door open and were looking for food! I turned around to tell everyone ("The Girl and Boy Cousin are rifling through the Fridge!!") As I was saying that The Girl buzzed right past me - directly to her father and said Apple, Apple. She was holding a pear. The Boy Cousin came to me with a pear.

So I cut them their pears with The Girl, I kept saying Pear! and she smiled Apple! Silly girl! Everyone knows that apples are yummy and pears are icky. Ah well, I guess it's good she like them. So they split two pears and went back in the fridge and got another one.

At least it wasn't chocolate!