Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feels like forever

2 years ago I was at my most miserable point of pregnancy. I had a fantastic pregnancy up to my last few weeks when I just started to feel like the kid was gonna come out every time I took a step. I had a huge belly and the pressure was just ginourmous and man, I wasn't even dialated.

Yet, I can't help but to look back at that time with complete and utter fondness of my pregnant self and what was to come. My little bundle of dark hair and round face - I pray that I never lose those memories. But with this reflection comes those tugs at my heartstrings, the yearning in my head to experience those moments again with another.

I wish I could get over this. To overcome the obstacles that continually rebuild themselves within my soul. I have good days, good conversations, good outlook in my/our future but here I go again.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh Sarah, my heart goes out to you 100% every time you post something like this. I'm sure The Girl will have a very happy and fulfilling life no matter what, but I worry for you sometimes. I hope you find a way to be happy with your decision -- or else some way to change it. I think you should go back and read your post from a while back when you had that conversation with someone who was an only child and who made you feel better about it if only for a while. Don't forget to be grateful for what you have -- between The Husband and The Girl, you have a lot of love in your life. Hang in there. ((hugs))

Nancy said...

I hope that you will have the outcome that you want :) I can only wish and pray that I someday get to experience that even once!But after 7 years... I can feel my baby fever lessening more and more. Which is a good and bad thing..