Sunday, December 28, 2008

Reminicing

Two years ago today began the long (but for the most part painless) voyage of meeting the little soul that ended up changing my life forever. The Little Girl who is now playing with a Christmas wrapping paper roll, running around in a diaper and princess shirt with her hair tied in a messy pony tail was back then, all snug and very happy to be where she was.

Two years ago today, I was one day past my due date and had my 40 week + 1 day doctor appointment. I was scheduled for a nonstress test and an ultrasound to check fluids. I made The Husband leave work to meet me at this check up as we would most likely be scheduling an induction date.

I drove myself to the appointment - bag already packed in my car just in case (even though we live like 5 min from the hospital) and they got me hooked up to the NST first. I had been getting this test for the past few weeks - I thought my doc was being ultra cautious honestly. I mentioned feeling less movement which I honestly thought was normal - afterall 9 months = bigger baby = less room for the lil tot to move around. But would rather have a cautious doc then have something happen. As I was laying there with monitors hooked around my giant belly, The Husband was shown in and kept me company.

We saw the doctor next who explained he saw something on the NST that he didn't like. Nothing horrendous but at this point saw no point in waiting to get me delivered. "You ready to have a baby?" Wow. My breath was practically taken away.

My doc office was connected to the hospital so all we had to do was walk on over to L&D. Once we got to the lobby of the hospital, I needed a time out before we got to the point of no return. I sat down, just to gather my thoughts - Holy crap! This was happening. We took the time to call my parents and get the phone tree of sisters called. Even though I knew nothing would happen that night, my dear Mommy still came out...just in case, I'm sure.

That was about it that evening. I got to eat dinner - my last meal for a very, very long time. My first night "sleeping" in a hospital. Oh hearing the screams of the woman next door in the middle of the night - ohhh that's a great thing to hear!

But yea, two years ago today, at this moment...2:24pm hmmmm I was probably just ending the doc appt getting set to walk to the hospital. I miss that time all the while be thankful for this amazing age that I get to experience right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, to The Girl :)