Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

I wish I had the time to acutally enjoy the Christmas carols and the lovely lights hanging on the houses celebrating this magical time of year. But this year, I'm just so overwhelmed and underprepared that I'm not able to acutally sit back and enjoy all the joys of pre-Christmas. Our tree is up but no ornaments have graced it yet. The stocking is not hung by anything with care. There are some gifts wrapped underneath the tree but you can beat your last dollar none are from me or The Husband.

I should have taken today off. We had a snow/ice storm last night - many, many people got a snow day. I did not. On my way to drop off The Girl at daycare provider's house - I did a stupid. I went to turn around in a driveway and got stuck - really really really badly. Two kind men helped me out after like 20 min of pushing and shoveling. All the while the driveway I used to back out of - the people inside drank their coffee and watched me suffer and laughed and smiled in the large picture window. If you don't want to help - you don't have to make me and your neighbor's the morning entertainment.

I think most of the Christmas shopping is done - a couple more presents I need, one more for The Girl (we aren't doing much for her this year), but what I'm dreading is the houseguests we'll have on Christmas Eve. Not the people themselves - just that our house is not at all ready for it. *sigh* I wish I could spend my time baking and bring The Girl to Santa instead of cleaning and straightening up the house. Ah well, my fault.

Cleaning,wrapping, baking, cooking - oh my! I want to enjoy too - I gotta schedule that in. Tonight is Mother-in-law's Christmas party. Husband's brother and his family just got into town so we'll get to see them which will be nice. Hopefully the bottom of my jeans will dry by tonight. (Note to self - by some damn boots!)

I work Monday and Tuesday next week. Regretting working Tuesday. Hopefully this weekend will be productive yet peaceful!

Hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I hope you found some warm boots! :)