Tick Tock.
Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!
I'm out of my pre-Christmas funk for blog past. Sure there's still gifts to buy. Gifts to wrap. Rooms to clean and offices to go into and try and get some work work done at. But tis the season to be merry and enjoy the moment and I will try to do that. I may be stressed but there's a lot of good in my life too that I have to give thanks for and remember. Plus you guys must be sick of hearing me complain.
Had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night was my mother-in-law's annual Christmas gathering. I got there before The Husband and The Girl and man, I was chopped liver without her. "Where's The Girl?" When I replied that she was with The Husband, I saw saddness and disappointment cover their faces.
When she did arrive her out of town Uncle Marine flew out the door to scoop her up first. You see he has 3 boys and a special spot in his heart for the 3 neices in his life. The Girl was in a grand mood that night. She is becoming quite the social butterfly - didn't even have her normal shy moment. She was hugging and going up to everyone there. The only time she'd cry was when the dog snatched her food. Mean ol dog. Uncle Marine didn't stop sugaring her up with cookies and hershey kisses - enough that she was still wide awake at 10pm. Upside - she slept til 8:30 the next morning. Down side - she was crank butt the next day.
Saturday we did a lot of house cleaning. I did some grocery shopping with the rest of my town. And then Uncle Marine and wife and cousins came over for pizzas and play.
Sunday we were supposed to go outside and visit the reindeer with out-of-town relatives and Mother-in-Law. Sounds harmless enough, right? Figured it would be a great time to break out the snow pants and let The Girl have a little fun in the snow (someone has to , right?). Well, sounds fun until we found it was between 25-30degrees below zero. No thank you.
We stayed in. The Girl stayed in her warm footie pajamas all day. We wrapped..............phones all day. *sigh* we'll get to the presents, we will. We have to.
No comments:
Post a Comment