This whole weekend was quite a blur to begin with. A birthday party for the kindest, most loving little 7 year old boy around. During "Happy Birthday" he patted his sisters' heads and kissed them.
At almost a year and a half, it is not an easy peasy thing to take her out to a restaurant. She just doesn't want to sit still that long and she quite doesn't realize that our dog isn't under the table to clean up after her.
Fahter's Day arrived and after a week of stressing myself out on where to take The Husband for brunch (Seriously, I worry about which freaking place to take him. I work hours to find the perfect location - how sick is that, : ) I think I chose wisely and Husband knew quite well that the brunch was as much for me as for him. The best part - Mimosas! And much to my pleasant surprise - they were included in the super groovy low price of the brunch! Kudos to my fella who let me finish his mimosa before discovering the all-you-can-down option!
From there - straight to my parents to watch my sister and her family eat there. We hung around there for a bit. Watch a nasty storm with hail pass quickly through. Played with the kiddos.
Back at home I presented The Husband with a 10 minute slide show of the past year and a half as a family. It was set with music painfully picked out by moi. I found an awesome song that I'd never heard and for anyone out there close with their own father or who a man with a daughter in his life.
Fathers and Daughters by Paul Simon.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day!! :)
Post a Comment