Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm Better Then You : P

The more I'm involved in "communities" with others the more I have to question myself if I take on an elitist attitude. I try my best not to judge but I do. I think the best of all people do, it really is in our nature. Just as in my post below, I am judging the men who do not take responsibilty and time out for their children. Heck, I'm even judging the women who let it happen.

I'm here again and wondering that now that I'm a Mom if I'm judging more harshly. Or am I just more aware of things? Or am I just more aware of me? Or am I just more aware of my whole battle behind me caring too much about what others think of me?

A message board is just a perfect place to use your judgement and pass along advice, suggestions, etc. No one really knows you (ok, on this board alot of people have met me) and sometimes I like to stretch my legs on really speaking my mind and not caring how people respond. I'm not very good at it. Most of the time, I deseperately look for another poster to validate things that I've said. Sometimes I don't care what a certain person thinks, I'll care about what the overall. Or maybe I just like feeling validated?


I really am just voicing an opinion, giving advice that may not be popular but I should not feel badly for doing so, right? In this particular thread (I was completely in the right btw ; ) - a couple people wrote "She's just looking for support" and I said something and then said I would bow out of the discussion. The person I was trying to talk some sense into replied "Great idea". *eye roll*


And why do I feel better now that I've gone back to the board and seen that other people have now stepped up and said that this person has issues? I PM'd one poster and thanked her for what she wrote - she laughed and said she's gotten tons of messages thanking her (HEY, why didn't anyone write me ; ) So now I feel good and vindicated. Evil? Normal? I just don't know.

All I know is I'm better then her..............at least in this particular instance.

:D

No comments: