Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Way We Were

I sit here at our broken computer chair on a Sunday night, The Girl "sleeping" upstairs, The Husband in the other room. My week of vacation, of Stay At Homing it, is officially over and I will be back at an office where I am not happy the great majority of my day. Yay!

So I'm thinking about alllll the things I could have done with my time last week but did not do. Remember those thought provoking, long blogs I mentioned? I bet The Husband would have LOVED to have seen a sparkling clean house. Yea, that would have been lovely. But I failed at both tasks. Tonight, I think about why I didn't do so. Sure I have plenty of reasons, excuses but as I sit with no new blogs to smile about and no spotless house to feel satisfied about, I'm not all that happy.

But really, I'm not here to complain. (okay, fine just a little).

Happy stuff: The Girl is a year and a half!! Holy Moly a whole 18 months old! :D I'm a damn proud Momma to this little stinker who drives me nuts one second but will have me laughing the next and then melting my heart a second later. Yea, I love her.

She had her doctor's appointment earlier this week and all went well. Only one shot this time (ouch but who wants Polio?). She's almost 28lbs and over 34" long. I feel every pound and inch of her each time I pick her up. She also had her first blood draw which will end up being for another post but that was very hard to see her through.

The Girl:
-Has advanced her dancing skills from the back n forth sway to up and down booty dance
-Will actually run towards us and hug us on occassion instead of just passing us by. Will come and hug onto our legs
-Will step on Daddy's feet to be walked around
-WILL.NOT.SIT.STILL
-Claps along to car commercial. Gets sad at the Sarah McClaughlin ASPCA commercial
-Once she doesn't want to hold my hand anymore, will sit down so I can't reach her, and then get up and run away

Well, just wanted to share a few things that have given me joy and some frustrations recently.

Back to work bright and early tomorrow, where I will have more time to post ; )

No comments: