Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MAN UP!

These are the words of The Husband when I tell him the stories of women on my message board whose husbands don't know how to be fathers. These women complain and vent about how unsupportive their spouses are and how they are doing it all themselves and they haven't had any time alone in months yet what do they do - go get pregnant again (and very intentionally so).

I truly have to restrain myself from virtually slapping them upside the head. I know that this is their life and they can live it as they please but do they actually think that Baby #2 will suddenly change their man's ways? NO!

This is not a healthy relationship. This is not a healthy family. This is not a healthy enviroment to raise children and it pisses me off to no end.

The Husband says these men need to Man Up and I couldn't agree more. This is their jobs as Men, as fathers - to be a part of their childrens life. To raise them, to guide them, hell, to just play with them.

Thankfully, these women seem to be in the minority of all the mothers on the board. Most of the fathers are very supportive and loving. The Husband is great with The Girl - picks her up from daycare daily and spends over an hour with her until I get home. When I think about it (and I try not to think about the actual time lenght we spend with her on weekdays b/c its really too depressing to think about), he spends more time with her then I do.

I'm tired of being supportive of these women. I'm tired of giving *hugs*. So I'm stopping. This last post that has sent me off said she's just venting - not wanting advice or anything. Well, I'm sorry, I for one am gonna stand up for myself and not support you wallowing in a bad situation.

No comments: