At The Girl's 15 month check up two weeks ago, we found out that she had an ear infection (her first one). We had to give her 10 days of antibiotics and come back in two weeks later to get it checked and to get her the immunizations that she missed because of the infection. (I really don't believe that autism is a direct result of immunizations. In very rare cases, it may be a trigger but I think the risk of not being immunized is higher then not).
The only time they could get her in was today (Friday) at 9:45am. Normally, we do all her appointments in the evening so we don't miss out on work but sometimes, there just isn't any choice. So as appointment day approaches, The Husband arranges it so that he would take it her in. Then yesterday, he's like "uh oh". Turns out that he forgot about his own treatment...at the same time.
Long story short (too late), I get to go into work late. Fine. Yesterday, I get a call from the ped. office saying they had to bump her to 10:15 b/c they didn't realize she needed the ear check. We get there at 10:06 - and wait, and wait, and wait. Luckily there were toys galore but all The Girl wanted to do was slam her hands down on this table thing - with all these sleeping babies around. She likes to drum things. So I try to distract her. Distraction is key to living with a toddler. So she goes to the door with the glass window. SLAM. I feel guilty for disturbing other parents - wth is wrong with me?
We don't leave the office until 11:20. Drop off The Girl at daycare. 11:30. Drive to work - get in at 12:40pm. Go to 7/11 across the street and bought M&Ms for the co-worker who covered a wig patient that I missed.
Note to self - buy new dry erase marker to write down The Husband's appointments.
No comments:
Post a Comment