Friday, April 4, 2008

Inspiration

I was inspired to start this blog by a message board I frequent that has a wide range of personalities. I've been a member of the board since I was a young single gal, now I'm an old married woman. So its been awhile. Anyway, as I've been holding on, not as a frequent participant as I once was, I've seen people come and go. I've met people from all over the country. I've made some truly wonderful friends. Anyway - like I said, there is a diverse bunch of people there and recent posts have got me thinking that generalizations are never good and will always, always get people upset. Because generalizations are just that - and someone will always be the exception and will take offense. I've been guilty of making generalizations and I've been guilty of being upset by those making a generalization of me.

These particular posts that I'm referring to happen to be that of parents and children. So I've declared myself a pretty well rounded mom who is overly aware and pretty informed of opinions from all.

I'm gonna blog. Just my experiences from someone who quite frankly cares way too much about what others think about her. From someone who jumps up the second her daughter starts to utter a distress signal in a restaurant to pop a paci in her mouth. From someone who just doesn't understand why NO ONE would offer a helping hand to me when I was alone at an airport with a 7 month old. I try to be considerate - but no one else would?

Oh and why the hell not - I may add some nice marriage stuff to this to b/c The Girl wouldn't be here without The Husband.

Most things will be baby centric. My other blog is private for a reason but this one I wanted to share. Obviously don't read it if you don't like it, comment all you like - the only comments that I won't except are those that are insulting or threatening to myself or my family. If you don't like something, I may argue/debate you but you're more then free to say it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*waves*

Hi!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

glad to see you on here! :).