Friday, April 18, 2008

Here's to you Mr. Husband

Without The Husband, The Girl just wouldn't exist so in honor of our 4 year wedding anniversary (which was yesterday) - I dedicate this blog to you, my husband, my best friend, and my rock.

We came to be a couple in not the most traditional of ways . A long story that not many people know all the details to - its a story full of vomit, death, cheating, betrayal and some girl on girl action. Like I said, its a long story. Through all the drama that went on in our seperate lives - somehow it brought us together, an unlikely pair that just worked.

We made a great team before The Girl ever came into the picture. Before getting married children were kinda up in the air for us. I was the youngest in my entire family, never around babies much, didn't feel very maternal. But I was still open to the idea. Husband was on the fence too. But before getting married we talked about it all - if we had kids, I wanted 2, he wanted 1. Its even in our wedding video.

Like I was saying - we were great together. I adored him and I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual. Once we got married, I was immediately bitten by the baby bug which Husband swatted away for awhile. As the time came closer to actually trying and then actively trying, I did get cold feet. One of my biggest fears was how was this baby going to change my marriage.

I've seen first hand happy marriages become unhappy after children. Wheter its because all the focus goes on Junior or the stress from not sleeping, whatever. The dynamics between the man and woman just changed. And that scared the crap out me. Husband and I talked many times about this and I think going into parenthood fully aware of the challenges truly helped us.

I think we get along just as well today as we did pre Girl. My biggest test - yes, I still adore the man.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy (belated) Wedding anniversary!! :)