Monday, April 21, 2008

Its so interesting

My sister once told me that I each stage of The Girl's life would be my favorite...except for the terrible 2s - she said I could live without that.

The Girl is almost 16 months old so between a year and a year 1/2 and I just cannot get enough of her right now. She has grown so much and is truly a toddling little girl and no longer a little baby. I just find myself staring at her like I did when she was first born. I am completely amazed by her - every little bit of her.

The Girl is walking on the verge of running. She explores. She talks. She takes her books, opens them, turns the pages and "reads" - its her favorite thing to do. She takes things in - I can see that she's learning and processing thing. What an amazing thing to witness.

I stare at her and I can't believe she's mine. I am in complete and utter awe of her. She is the epitome of innocence and love. Delight and happiness.

I know there are many mothers out there who don't feel comfortable leaving their babies for like an overnight away when they are young. One of my sister's didn't leave their daughter for well over a year. For me, we left The Girl last year for our anniversary (so she was 3.5 months) with my parents - and actually the overnight turned into 2 nights b/c I had one of my attacks. Anyway, I was always okay with leaving her safely at a trusted person's house for the night for me and The Husband to go and have a date night - we've done it many times during her little life.

Until this weekend happened. The Husband and I wanted to go out to celebrate our anniversary so we dropped off The Girl at my parent's house. I so did not want to leave her. Once we left, I missed her. I wanted to go back and pick her up. Ok, I got to sleep in -that I thoroughly enjoyed. But once I was up - I wanted to be out the door to pick her up. Wow - what changed?

She's changed. She is becoming more and more of a little person with an amazing, unique and interesting personality that I am having the time of my life watching develop. This is my favorite stage for sure. This beats burping and feeding any day. Watching her laugh and read me a book (b/c Heaven forbide you read her a book!)....guessing what personality traits are going to continue to develop. I am watching, first hand, a human being develop - physically, emotionally and mentally and this is just so interesting to me. Amazing.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful post! You should save it for her for later :)